Yeshua is YHVH (ISR 2009 version)
This article is a copy of Jesus is The LORD. The other article uses the ESV and is directed toward mainstream Christian audiences. This article quotes exclusively from the ISR 2009 and is geared towards Messianic or Hebrew Roots audiences.
Yeshua in Place of YHVH in Prophetic Quotes
One way to see Yeshua and YHVH is to find the places where a prophecy finds fulfillment in the NT and notice when Yeshua is used in place of YHVH.
Make Straight the Paths for Whom?
o John 1:23 – 23 He said, “I am a voice of one crying in the wilderness, ‘Make straight the way of יהוה,’ as the prophet Yeshayahu said.”
o Isaiah 40:3 – 3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness, “Prepare the way of יהוה; make straight in the desert a highway for our Elohim. (in reference to his ministry before the ministry of Yeshua)
Who is the Stone of Stumbling?
o Isaiah 8:13-14- 13 “יהוה of hosts, Him you shall set apart. Let Him be your fear, and let Him be your dread. 14 “And He shall be for a set-apart place, but a stone of stumbling and a rock that makes for falling to both the houses of Yisra’ĕl, as a trap and a snare to the inhabitants of Yerushalayim.
o 1 Peter 2:5-10 – 5 you also, as living stones, are being built up, a spiritual house, a set-apart priesthood, to offer up spiritual slaughter offerings acceptable to Elohim through יהושע Messiah. 6 Because it is contained in the Scripture, “See, I lay in Tsiyon a chief corner-stone, chosen, precious, and he who believes on Him shall by no means be put to shame.” 7 This preciousness, then, is for you who believe; but to those who are disobedient, “The stone which the builders rejected has become the chief corner-stone,” 8 and “A stone of stumbling and a rock that makes for falling,”
Who is snatching stumbling blocks?
o Zephanaiah 1:3 – “I snatch away man and beast, I snatch away the birds of the heavens, and the fish of the sea, and the stumbling-blocks, with the wrong, when I shall cut off man from the face of the earth,” declares יהוה.
o Matthew 13:41- “The Son of Aḏam shall send out His messengers, and they shall gather out of His reign all the stumbling-blocks, and those doing lawlessness,
Whose Glory will be revealed?
o Isaiah 40:5 – “And the esteem of יהוה shall be revealed, and all flesh together shall see it. For the mouth of יהוה has spoken.”
o Matthew 24:30 – “And then the sign of the Son of Aḏam shall appear in the heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth shall mourn, and they shall see the Son of Aḏam coming on the clouds of the heaven with power and much esteem.
Who rewards according to works?
o Psalm 62:12 – 12 And loving-commitment is Yours, O יהוה; For You reward each one according to his work.
o Matthew 16:27 – “For the Son of Aḏam is going to come in the esteem of His Father with His messengers, and then He shall reward each according to his works.
Who Judges Between Sheep and Goats?
O Ezekiel 34:17 – 17 And as for you, O My flock, thus said the Master יהוה, “See, I am judging between sheep and sheep, between rams and goats.
o Matthew 25:31-33 – 31 “And when the Son of Aḏam comes in His esteem, and all the set-apart messengers with Him, then He shall sit on the throne of His esteem. 32 “And all the nations shall be gathered before Him, and He shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates his sheep from the goats. 33 “And He shall set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.
Who Searches for Lost Sheep?
o Ezekiel 34:11-12 – 11 For thus said the Master יהוה, “See, I Myself shall search for My sheep and seek them out. 12 “As a shepherd seeks out his flock on the day he is among his scattered sheep, so I shall seek out My sheep and deliver them from all the places where they were scattered in a day of cloud and thick darkness.
o Matthew 15:24 – And He answering, said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Yisra’ĕl.”
For Whose Sake?
o Psalm 44:22-23 – 22 But for Your sake we are killed all day long; Reckoned as sheep for the slaughter. 23 Awake! Why do You sleep, O יהוה? Arise! Do not reject us forever.
o Romans 8:36 – Who shall separate us from the love of the Messiah? Shall pressure, or distress, or persecution, or scarcity of food, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? 36 As it has been written, “For Your sake we are killed all day long, we are reckoned as sheep of slaughter.”
Call on Whose Name?
o Joel 2:32 – “And it shall be that everyone who calls on the Name of יהוה shall be delivered.
o Romans 10:9-13 – 9 That if you confess with your mouth the Master יהושע and believe in your heart that Elohim has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and one confesses with the mouth, and so is saved. 11 Because the Scripture says, “Whoever puts his trust in Him shall not be put to shame.” 12 Because there is no distinction between Yehuḏi and Greek, for the same Master of all is rich to all those calling upon Him. 13 For “everyone who calls on the Name of יהוה shall be saved.
The Veil is Removed when one turns to Whom?
o Exodus 34:34 – 34 But whenever Mosheh went in before יהוה to speak with Him, he would remove the veil until he came out. And when he came out he spoke to the children of Yisra’ĕl what he had been commanded,
o 2 Corinthians 3:14-16 – 14 But their minds were hardened, for to this day, when the old covenant is being read, that same veil remains, not lifted, because in Messiah it is taken away. 15 But to this day, when Mosheh is being read, a veil lies on their heart. 16 And when one turns to the Master, the veil is taken away.
Every Knee Shall Bow and Tongue Confess Whom?
o Isaiah 45:22-23 – “22 “Turn to Me and be saved, all you ends of the earth! For I am Ěl, and there is none else. 23 “I have sworn by Myself, a word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, so that to Me every knee shall bow, every tongue swear.
o Philippians 2:10-11 – that at the Name of יהושע every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and every tongue should confess that יהושע Messiah is Master, to the esteem of Elohim the Father.
Whose Throne is Forever?
o Psalm 45:6-7- 6 Your throne, O Elohim, is forever and ever; The sceptre of Your reign Is a sceptre of straightness. 7 You have loved righteousness and hated wrongness;a Therefore Elohim, Your Elohim, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.
o Hebrews 1:8-9 – 8 But to the Son He says, “Your throne, O Elohim, is forever and ever, a sceptre of straightness is the sceptre of Your reign. 9 “You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness. Because of this, Elohim, Your Elohim, has anointed You with the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”
Whose Voice is Like Many Waters
o Ezekiel 43:2 – And see, the esteem of the Elohim of Yisra’ĕl came from the way of the east. And His voice was like the sound of many waters, and the earth shone from His esteem.
o Revelation 1:15 – and His (Yeshua) feet like burnished brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters.
Who Opens the Eyes of the Blind, Causes the Lame to Walk…
- Isaiah 35:4-6 – 4 Say to those with anxious heart, “Be strong, do not fear! See, your Elohim comes with vengeance, with the recompense of Elohim. He is coming to save you.” 5 Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf be opened. 6 Then the lame shall leap like a deer, and the tongue of the dumb sing, because waters shall burst forth in the wilderness, and streams in the desert.
- Matthew 11:4-5 – 4 And יהושע answering, said to them, “Go, report to Yoḥanan what you hear and see: 5 “Blind receive sight and lame walk, lepers are cleansed and deaf hear, dead are raised up and poor are brought the Good News.
Yeshua Called and Treated as God
Another significant piece of evidence is to recognize all of the times that Yeshua is called God in the NT.
- Zecharaiah 12:10 – 10 “And I shall pour on the house of Dawiḏ and on the inhabitants of Yerushalayim a spirit of favour and prayers. And they shall look on Me whom they pierced, and they shall mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son. And they shall be in bitterness over Him as a bitterness over the first-born.
- Matthew 28:8-9 – 8 And they left the tomb quickly, with fear and great joy, and ran to report to His taught ones. 9 And as they were going to report to His taught ones, see, יהושע met them, saying, “Greetings!” And they came and held Him by the feet and did bow (worship) to Him.
- John 10:30 – “I and My Father are one.”
- John 14:9-10 – 9 יהושע said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father, and how do you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 “Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak from Myself. But the Father who stays in Me does His works.
- John 20:27-29 – 27 Then He said to T’oma, “Bring your finger here, and see My hands. And bring your hand and put it into My side – and do not be unbelieving, but believing.” 28 And T’oma answered and said to Him, “My Master and my Elohim!” 29 יהושע said to him, “T’oma, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed.”
- Acts 7:59 – 59 And they were stoning Stephanos as he was calling and saying, “Master יהושע, receive my spirit.
- Colossians 2:9 – Because in Him dwells all the completeness of Elohim-ness bodily,
- Titus 2:13 – looking for the blessed expectation and esteemed appearance of the great Elohim and our Saviour יהושע Messiah,
- Hebrews 1:3 – 3 who being the brightness of the esteem and the exact representation of His substance, and sustaining all by the word of His power, having made a cleansing of our sins through Himself, sat down at the right hand of the Greatness on high
- Hebrews 1:8-9 – But to the Son He (God) says, “Your throne, O Elohim, is forever and ever, a sceptre of straightness is the sceptre of Your reign.
- 2 Peter 1:1 – 1 Shim‛on Kĕpha, a servant and emissary of יהושע Messiah, to those who have obtained a belief as precious as ours by the righteousness of our Elohim and Saviour יהושע Messiah:
Yeshua Doing the Things that God Does
The BEST way to see Yeshua as YHVH is to recognize all of the times that Yeshua is described as filling a role that YHVH is said to do in the Tanakh.
SOURCE OF LIVING WATER
· Isaiah 12 – 1 And in that day you shall say, “I thank You יהוה, though You were enraged with me, Your displeasure has turned back, and You have comforted me. 2 “See, Ěl is my deliverance, I trust and am not afraid. For Yah, יהוה, is my strength and my song; and He has become my deliverance.” 3 And you shall draw water with joy from the fountains of deliverance. 4 And in that day you shall say, “Praise יהוה, call upon His Name; make known His deeds among the peoples, make mention that His Name is exalted. 5 “Sing to יהוה, For He has done excellently; this is known in all the earth. 6 “Cry aloud and shout, O inhabitant of Tsiyon, for great is the Set-apart One of Yisra’ĕl in your midst!”
· Isaiah 49:10 – 10 “They shall not hunger nor thirst, neither heat or sun strike them, for He who has compassion on them shall lead them, even by fountains of water guide them.
· Jeremiah 2:13 – “For My people have done two evils: they have forsaken Me, the fountain of living waters, to hew out for themselves cisterns, cracked cisterns, which do not hold water.
· Jeremiah 17:13 – 13 O יהוה, the expectation of Yisra’ĕl, all who forsake You are put to shame. “Those who depart from Me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken יהוה, the fountain of living waters.
· John 4:10-14 – 10 יהושע answered and said to her, “If you knew the gift of Elohim, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me to drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.” 11 The woman said to Him, “Master, You have no vessel, and the well is deep. From where, then, do You have living water? 12 “Are You greater than our father Ya‛aqoḇ, who gave us the well, and drank from it himself, and his sons, and his cattle?” 13 יהושע answered and said to her, “Everyone drinking of this water shall thirst again, 14 but whoever drinks of the water I give him shall certainly never thirst. And the water that I give him shall become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.”
· John 7:37-38 – 37 And on the last day, the great day of the festival, יהושע stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me, and let him who believes in Me drink. 38 As the Scripture said, out of His innermost shall flow rivers of living water.
BREAD OF LIFE
· Deuteronomy 8:3 – “And He humbled you, and let you suffer hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, to make you know that man does not live by bread alone, but by every Word that comes from the mouth of יהוה
· John 6:27 – “Do not labour for the food that is perishing, but for the food that is remaining to everlasting life, which the Son of Aḏam shall give you, for the Father, Elohim, has set His seal on Him.”
· John 6:35 – And יהושע said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall not get hungry at all, and he who believes in Me shall not get thirsty at all.
· John 6:51 – 51 “I am the living bread which came down out of the heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he shall live forever. And indeed, the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world.”
· Exodus 3:14 – 14 And Elohim said to Mosheh, “I am that which I am.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Yisra’ĕl, ‘I am has sent me to you.’ ”
· John 8:58 – 58 יהושע said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Aḇraham came to be, I am.
· Revelation 1:8 – 8 “I am the ‘Aleph’ and the ‘Taw’, Beginning and End,” says יהוה “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”
THE FIRST AND THE LAST
· Isaiah 41:4 – “Who has performed and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? ‘I, יהוה, am the first, and with the last I am He.’ ”
· Isaiah 44:6 – Thus said יהוה, Sovereign of Yisra’ĕl, and his Redeemer, יהוה of hosts, ‘I am the First and I am the Last, besides Me there is no Elohim.
· Isaiah 48:12 – 12 “Listen to Me, O Ya‛aqoḇ, and Yisra’ĕl, My called: I am He, I am the First, I am also the Last.
· Revelation 1:11 – saying, “I am the ‘Aleph’ and the ‘Taw’, the First and the Last,” and, “Write in a book what you see and send it to the seven assemblies of Asia – to Ephesos, and to Smurna, and to Pergamos, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodikeia.”
· Revelation 1:17 – And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead, and He placed His right hand on me, saying, “Do not be afraid, I am the First and the Last,
· Revelation – 2:8 – And to the messenger of the assembly in Smurna write, ‘This says the First and the Last, who became dead, and came to life:
· Revelation 22:13 – 13 “I am the ‘Aleph’ and the ‘Taw’, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.
LORD OF SABBATH
· Genesis 2:3 – And Elohim blessed the seventh day and set it apart, because on it He rested from all His work which Elohim in creating had made.
· Matthew 12:8 – “For the Son of Aḏam is Master of the Sabbath.”
· Genesis 1:1 – 1 In the beginning Elohim created the heavens and the earth.
· Isaiah 44:24 – 24 Thus said יהוה, your Redeemer, and He who formed you from the womb, “I am יהוה, doing all, stretching out the heavens all alone, spreading out the earth, with none beside Me
· Isaiah 45:12 – “I have made the earth, and created man on it. I, My hands have stretched out the heavens, and all their host I have commanded.
· John 1:3 – All came to be through Him, and without Him not even one came to be that came to be.
· John 1:10 – He was in the world, and the world came to be through Him, and the world did not know Him.
· 1 Corinthians 8:6 – 6 for us there is one Elohim, the Father, from whom all came and for whom we live, and one Master יהושע Messiah, through whom all came and through whom we live.
· Colossians 1:16 – 16 Because in Him were created all that are in the heavens and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or rulerships or principalities or authorities – all have been created through Him and for Him
· Hebrews 1:2 – has in these last days spoken to us by the Son, whom He has appointed heir of all, through whom also He made the ages (world),
· Isaiah 43:11– “I, I am יהוה, and besides Me there is no saviour.
· Isaiah 45:21– “Declare and bring near, let them even take counsel together. Who has announced this from of old? Who has declared it from that time? Is it not I, יהוה? And there is no mighty one besides Me, a righteous Ěl and a Saviour, there is none besides Me.
· Isaiah 49:26 – 26 “And I shall feed those who oppress you with their own flesh, and let them drink their own blood as sweet wine. All flesh shall know that I, יהוה, am your Saviour, and your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Ya‛aqoḇ.”
· Isaiah 60:16 – 16 “And you shall suck the milk of the nations, and shall suckle the breast of sovereigns. And you shall know that I, יהוה, your Saviour and your Redeemer, am the Mighty One of Ya‛aqoḇ.
· Hosea 13:3 – 4 “But I am יהוה your Elohim since the land of Mitsrayim, and an Elohim besides Me you shall not know, for there is no Saviour besides Me.
· Acts 4:12 –(About Yeshua from v10) And there is no deliverance in anyone else, for there is no other Name under the heaven given among men by which we need to be saved.”
· 2 Timothy 1:10 – but now revealed by the appearing of our Saviour יהושע Messiah, who indeed abolished death and brought life and incorruptibility to light through the Good News,
· 2 Peter 2:20 – 20 For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of the Master and Saviour יהושע Messiah, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the first.
· 2 Peter 3:18 – but grow in the favour and knowledge of our Master and Saviour יהושע Messiah. To Him be the esteem both now and to a day that abides. Amĕn.
JUDGE OF MANKIND
· Psalm 7:8 – 8 יהוה judges the peoples; Judge me, O יהוה, according to my righteousness, And according to my integrity within me.
· Psalm 9:8 – 8 And He judges the world in righteousness, He judges the peoples in straightness.
· Psalm 67:4 – 4 Let the nations be glad and sing for joy! For You judge the peoples uprightly, And lead the nations on earth. Selah.
· Psalm 96:10 – 10 Say among nations, “יהוה shall reign. The world also is established, immovable. He judges the peoples in straightness.”
· Psalm 96:13 – At the presence of יהוה. For He shall come, For He shall come to judge the earth. He judges the world in righteousness,a And the peoples with His truth.
· Psalm 98:9 – 9 For He shall come to judge the earth. He judges the world in righteousness, And the people in straightness.
· Isaiah 2:4 – 4 And He shall judge between the nations, and shall reprove many peoples. And they shall beat their swords into ploughshares, and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither teach battle any more.
· Isaiah 3:13-14 – 13 יהוה shall stand up to plead, and is standing to judge the peoples. 14 יהוה enters into judgment with the elders of His people and its heads, “It is you who have eaten up the vineyard, the plunder of the poor is in your houses.
· Isaiah 51:5 – 5 “My righteousness is near, My deliverance shall go forth, and My arms judge peoples. Coastlands wait upon Me, and for My arm they wait expectantly.
· Matthew 16:27 – “For the Son of Aḏam is going to come in the esteem of His Father with His messengers, and then He shall reward each according to his works.
· John 9:39 – 39 And יהושע said, “For judgment I have come into this world, that those not seeing might see, and those seeing might become blind.”
· Acts 10:42 – 42 “And He commanded us to proclaim to the people, and to witness that it is He who was appointed by Elohim to be Judge of the living and the dead.
· Romans 14:10 – 10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you despise your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Messiah.
· 2 Corinthians 5:10 – For we all have to appear before the judgment seat of Messiah, in order for each one to receive according to what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.
RESURRECTS THE DEAD
· Acts 26:8- “Why is it considered ‘unbelievable’ among you if Elohim raises the dead?
· John 6:40 – “And this is the desire of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him should possess everlasting life. And I shall raise him up in the last day.”
· John 11:25 – 25 יהושע said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he dies, he shall live.
ALL AUTHORITY AND POWER
· 1 Chronicles 29:11 – 11 “Yours, O יהוה, is the greatness, the power and the comeliness, the pre-eminence and the excellency, because of all that is in the heavens and in the earth. Yours is the reign, O יהוה, and You are exalted as head above all.
· Isaiah 40:26 – 26 Lift up your eyes on high and see. Who has created these? He is bringing out their host by number, He calls them all by name, by the greatness of ability and potent of power, a man is not lacking.
· Matthew 28:18 – And יהושע came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.
· John 17:1-2 – 1 יהושע said these words, and lifted up His eyes to the heaven, and said, “Father, the hour has come. Esteem Your Son, so that Your Son also might esteem You, 2 as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give everlasting life to all whom You have given Him.
· 1 Corinthians 15:23-25 – 23 And each in his own order: Messiah the first-fruits, then those who are of Messiah at His coming, 24 then the end, when He delivers up the reign to Elohim the Father, when He has brought to naught all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He has to reign until He has put all enemies under His feet.
· Ephesians 1:21 – far above all rule and authority and power and mastery, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come.
· Colossians 2:10 – and you have been made complete in Him, who is the Head of all principality and authority.
GIVES STRENGTH AND POWER
· 1 Chronicles 29:12 – 12 “And the riches and the esteem come from Your presence, and You rule over all. And in Your hand is power and might, and in Your hand to make great and to give strength to all.
· Psalm 68:35 – 35 O Elohim, awesome from Your set-apart places, The Ěl of Yisra’ĕl is He Who gives strength and power to His people. Blessed be Elohim!
· Isaiah 40:29 – 29 He gives power to the faint, and to those who have no might He increases strength.
· Daniel 2:37 – 37 “You, O sovereign, are a sovereign of sovereigns. For the Elah of the heavens has given you a reign, power, and strength, and preciousness,
· Luke 9:1 – And having called His twelve taught ones together, He gave them power and authority over all demons, and to heal diseases.
· Luke 10:19 – 19 “See, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and none at all shall hurt you.
· Exodus 34:6-7 – 6 And יהוה passed before him and proclaimed, “יהוה ,יהוה, an Ěl compassionate and showing favour, patient, and great in loving-commitment and truth, 7 watching over loving-commitment for thousands, forgiving crookedness and transgression and sin, but by no means leaving unpunished,a visiting the crookedness of the fathers upon the children and the children’s children to the third and the fourth
· Psalm 103:2-3-2 Bless יהוה, O my being, And do not forget all His dealings, 3 Who forgives all your crookednesses, Who heals all your diseases,
· Jeremiah 31:34 – 34 “And no longer shall they teach, each one his neighbour, and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know יהוה,’ for they shall all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,” declares יהוה. “For I shall forgive their crookedness, and remember their sin no more.”
· 2 Chronicles 7:14 – and My people upon whom My Name is called, shall humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their evil ways, then I shall hear from the heavens, and forgive their sin and heal their land.
· Matthew 9:6 – “But in order for you to know that the Son of Aḏam possesses authority on earth to forgive sins…” He then said to the paralytic, “Rise, take up your bed, and go to your house.
· Luke 7:47-48 – 47 “Therefore I say to you, her many sins have been forgiven, because she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, he loves little.” 48 And He said to her, “Your sins have been forgiven.”
· Acts 5:31 – “Him, a Prince and a Saviour, Elohim has exalted to His right hand to give repentance to Yisra’ĕl and forgiveness of sins.
· Acts 10:43 – “To this One all the prophets bear witness, that through His Name, everyone believing in Him does receive forgiveness of sins.”
· Acts 13:37-39 – 37 but He whom Elohim raised up saw no corruption. 38 “Let it therefore be known to you, brothers, that through this One forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you, 39 and by Him everyone who believes is declared right from all sins from which you were not able to be declared right by the Torah of Mosheh.
· Colossians 1:14 – in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins,
· 1 John 1:7&9 – But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of יהושע Messiah His Son cleanses us from all sin…9 If we confess our sins, He is trustworthy and righteous to forgive us the sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness
SENT THE HOLY SPIRIT
· Psalm 104:30 – 30 You send forth Your Spirit, they are created; And You renew the face of the earth.
· John 14:16-17 – 16 “And I shall ask the Father, and He shall give you another Helper, to stay with you forever – 17 the Spirit of the Truth, whom the world is unable to receive, because it does not see Him or know Him. But you know Him, for He stays with you and shall be in you.
· John 16:7 – “But I say the truth to you. It is better for you that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper shall not come to you at all, but if I go, I shall send Him to you.
THE GREATEST NAME
· Psalm 138:2 – 2 I bow myself toward Your set-apart Hĕḵal, And give thanks to Your Name For Your loving-commitment and for Your truth; For You have made great Your Word, Your Name, above all.
· Psalm 148:13 – 13 Let them praise the Name of יהוה, For His Name alone is exalted, His splendour is above the earth and heavens.
· Nehemiah 9:5– Then the Lĕwites, Yĕshua and Qaḏmi’ĕl, Bani, Ḥashaḇneyah, Shĕrĕḇyah, Hoḏiyah, Sheḇanyah, Pethaḥyah, said, “Rise, bless יהוה your Elohim forever and ever! And let them bless Your esteemed Name, which is exalted above all blessing and praise!
· Romans 9:5 – whose are the fathers, and from whom is the Messiah according to the flesh, who is over all, Elohim-blessed forever. Amĕn.
· Ephesians 1:20-21 – which He wrought in the Messiah when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenlies, 21 far above all rule and authority and power and mastery, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come.
· Philipians 2:9-10 – Elohim, therefore, has highly exalted Him and given Him the Name which is above every name, 10 that at the Name of יהושע every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and every tongue should confess that יהושע Messiah is Master, to the esteem of Elohim the Father.
LORD OF LORDS
· Deuteronomy 10:17 – “For יהוה your Elohim is Elohim of mighty ones and Master of masters, the great Ěl, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality nor takes a bribe.
· Psalm 136:1-3 – 1 Give thanks to יהוה, for He is good! For His loving-commitment is everlasting. 2 Give thanks to the Elohim of mighty ones! For His loving-commitment is everlasting. 3 Give thanks to the Master of masters! For His loving-commitment is everlasting:
· 1 Timothy 6:14b-15 – until the appearing of our Master יהושע Messiah, 15 which in His own seasons He shall reveal – the blessed and only Ruler, the Sovereign of sovereigns and Master of masters,
· Revelation 17:14 – “They shall fight with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them, for He is Master of masters and Sovereign of sovereigns. And those with Him are called, and chosen, and trustworthy.”
· Revelation 19:16 – 16 And on His robe and on His thighd He has a name written: SOVEREIGN OF SOVEREIGNS AND MASTER OF MASTERS.
FOREVER THE SAME
· Psalm 90:2 – 2 Before the mountains were born, Or You had brought forth the earth and the world, Even from everlasting to everlasting You are Ěl.
· Psalm 102:24-27 – 24 I said, “O my Ěl, Do not take me away in the midst of my days; Your years are throughout all generations. 25 “You did found the earth of old, And the heavens are the work of Your hands. 26 “They shall perish, but You remain; And all of them grow old like a garment; You change them like a coat, And they are changed. 27 “But You are the same, And Your years have no end.
· Hebrews 1:8-12 – 8 But to the Son He says, “Your throne, O Elohim, is forever and ever, a sceptre of straightness is the sceptre of Your reign. 9 “You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness. Because of this, Elohim, Your Elohim, has anointed You with the oil of gladness more than Your companions.” 10 And, “You, Master, did found the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the work of Your hands. 11 “They shall perish, but You remain. And they shall all grow old like a garment, 12 and like a mantle You shall fold them up, and they shall be changed. But You are the same, and Your years shall not fail.”
· Hebrews 13:8 – יהושע Messiah is the same yesterday, and today, and forever.
· Psalm 27:1 – יהוה is my light and my deliverance; Whom should I fear? יהוה is the refuge of my life; Whom should I dread?
· Habbakuk 3:4 – 4 And the brightness is as the light, He has rays from His hand, And there His power is hidden.
· 1 John 1:5 – And this is the message which we have heard from Him and announce to you, that Elohim is light and in Him is no darkness at all.
· John 1:9 – 9 He(Yeshua) was the true Light, which enlightens every man, coming into the world.
· John 3:18-19 – 18 “He who believes in Him is not judged, but he who does not believe is judged already, because he has not believed in the Name of the only brought-forth Son of Elohim. 19 “And this is the judgment, that the light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the light, for their works were wicked.
· John 8:12 – 12 Therefore יהושע spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall by no means walk in darkness, but possess the light of life.”
· John 12:36 – “While you have the light, believe in the light, so that you become sons of light.” These words יהושע spoke, and went off and was hidden from them.
· Exodus 33:14 – 14 And He (YHVH) said, “My Presence does go, and I shall give you rest.”
· Deuteronomy 12:9 – 9 “Because you have not yet entered the rest and the inheritance which יהוה your Elohim is giving you.
· Joshua 1:13 – 13 “Remember the word which Mosheh, servant of יהוה, commanded you, saying, ‘יהוה your Elohim is giving you rest, and He shall give you this land.’
· Psalm 62:1 – 1 My being finds rest in Elohim alone; From Him is my deliverance.
· Psalm 62:5 – 5 My being, find rest in Elohim alone, Because my expectation is from Him.
· Isaiah 14:3 – 3 And it shall be, in the day יהוה gives you rest from your sorrow, and from your trouble and the hard service in which you were made to serve,
· Isaiah 63:14– As a beast goes down into the valley, and the Spirit of יהוה causes him to rest, so You led Your people, to make Yourself a comely Name.
· Matthew 11:28-29 – 28 “Come to Me (YESHUA), all you who labour and are burdened, and I shall give you rest. 29 “Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am meek and humble in heart, and you shall find rest for your beings.
· Hebrews 4:1-11 – 1 Therefore, since a promise remains of entering into His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. 2 For indeed the Good News was brought to us as well as to them, but the word which they heard did not profit them, not having been mixed with belief in those who heard it. 3 For we who have believed do enter into that rest, as He has said, “As I swore in My wrath, if they shall enter into My rest…” And yet His works have come into being from the foundation of the world. 4 For somewhere He has said thus about the seventh day, “And Elohim rested on the seventh day from all His works,” 5 and in this again, “If they shall enter into My rest…” 6 Since then it remains for some to enter into it, and those who formerly received the Good News did not enter in because of disobedience, 7 He again defines a certain day, “Today,” saying through Dawiḏ so much later, as it has been said, “Today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts.” 8 For if Yehoshua had given them rest, He would not have spoken of another day after that. 9 So there remains a Sabbath-keeping for the people of Elohim. 10 For the one, having entered into His rest, has himself also rested from his works, as Elohim rested from His own. 11 Let us therefore do our utmost to enter into that rest, lest anyone fall after the same example of disobedience.
GIVES ETERNAL LIFE
· Psalm 21:4 – He asked life from You, and You gave it to him – Length of days forever and ever.
· Psalm 133:3 – 3 Like the dew of Ḥermon, That comes down on the mountains of Tsiyon. For there יהוה commanded the blessing, Life forever!
· Proverbs 19:23- The fear of יהוה leads to life, And he remains satisfied, He is not visited by evil.
· John 3:14-16 – 14 “And as Mosheh lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so the Son of Aḏam has to be lifted up, 15 so that whoever is believing in Him should not perish but possess everlasting life. 16 “For Elohim so loved the world that He gave His only brought-forth Son, so that everyone who believes in Him should not perish but possess everlasting life.
· John 3:36 – “He who believes in the Son possesses everlasting life, but he who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of Elohim remains on him.”
· John 6:51 – “I am the living bread which came down out of the heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he shall live forever. And indeed, the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world.”
· John 17:1-2 – 1 יהושע said these words, and lifted up His eyes to the heaven, and said, “Father, the hour has come. Esteem Your Son, so that Your Son also might esteem You, 2 as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give everlasting life to all whom You have given Him.
TESTS HEARTS AND MINDS
· Psalm 7:9 – 9 Please let the evil of the wrong be ended, And establish the righteous; For the righteous Elohim is a trier of hearts and kidneys.
· Psalm 26:2 – 2 Examine me, O יהוה, and prove me; Try my kidneys and my heart.
· Jeremiah 11:20 – But, O יהוה of hosts, who judges righteously, who tries kidneys and heart, let me see Your vengeance upon them, for unto You I have revealed my cause.
· Jeremiah 17:10 – “I, יהוה, search the heart, I try the kidneys, and give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.
· Jeremiah 20:12 – But, O יהוה of hosts, trying the righteous, and seeing the kidneys and heart, let me see Your vengeance on them, for I have revealed my cause to You.
· Revelation 2:23– “And I shall slay her children with death. And all the assemblies shall know that I (Yeshua) am the One searching the kidneys and hearts. And I shall give to each one of you according to your works.
· Exodus 15:26 – 26 And He said, “If you diligently obey the voice of יהוה your Elohim and do what is right in His eyes, and shall listen to His commands and shall guard all His laws, I shall bring on you none of the diseases I brought on the Mitsrites, for I am יהוה who heals you.”
· Deuteronomy 32:39- See now that I, I am He, And there is no Elohim besides Me. I put to death and I make alive. I have wounded, and I heal. And from My hand no one delivers!
· Psalm 103:2-3– 2 Bless יהוה, O my being, And do not forget all His dealings, 3 Who forgives all your crookednesses, Who heals all your diseases,
· Jeremiah 30:17 – 17 For I restore health to you and heal you of your wounds,’ declares יהוה, ‘for they have called you an outcast saying, “This is Tsiyon, no one is seeking her.” ’
· Jeremiah 33:6 – See, I am bringing to it relief and healing. And I shall heal them and reveal to them the riches of peace and truth.
· Hosea 6:1 – 1 ‘Come, and let us turn back to יהוה. For He has torn but He does heal us, He has stricken but He binds us up.
· Malachi 4:1-2 – 1 “For look, the day shall come, burning like a furnace, and all the proud, and every wrongdoer shall be stubble. And the day that shall come shall burn them up,” said יהוה of hosts, “which leaves to them neither root nor branch. 2 “But to you who fear My Name the Sun of Righteousness shall arise with healing in His wings. And you shall go out and leap for joy like calves from the stall.
· Matthew 4:23 – 23 And יהושע went about all Galil, teaching in their congregations, and proclaiming the Good News of the reign, and healing every disease and every bodily weakness among the people.
· Matthew 8:7 – 7 And יהושע said to him, “I shall come and heal him.”
o MANY MANY MANY MORE
CALMS THE STORM
· Psalm 107:28-29 – 28 Then they cry out to יהוה in their distress, And He brings them out of their troubles. 29 He caused the storm to be still, So that its waves were silent.
· Psalm 65:7 – 7 Who stills the roaring of the seas, The roaring of their waves, And the uproar of the peoples.
· Psalm 89:9 – 9 You rule the swelling of the sea; When its waves rise, You still them.
· Matthew 8:23-27- 23 And when He entered into a boat, His taught ones followed Him. 24 And see, a great gale arose on the sea, so that the boat was covered by the waves. But He was sleeping. 25 And His taught ones came to Him and woke Him up, saying, “Master, save us! We are perishing!” 26 And He said to them, “Why are you afraid, O you of little belief?” Then, having risen, He rebuked the winds and the sea. And there was a great calm. 27 And the men marvelled, saying, “What is this, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?”
· Psalm 34:2 – 2 Bĕt My being makes its boast in יהוה; Let the humble hear and be glad.
· Psalm 44:8 – 8 In Elohim we shall boast all day long, And praise Your Name forever. Selah.
· Romans 15:17 – 17 Therefore I have cause for boasting in Messiah יהושע in the matters pertaining to Elohim.
· Galatians 6:14 – 14 And for me, let it not be that I should boast except in the stake of our Master יהושע Messiah, through whom the world has been impaled to me, and I to the world.
HEALS THE BLIND
- Psalm 146:8 – 8 יהוה opens the eyes of the blind, יהוה raises those who are bowed down, יהוה loves the righteous.
- Isaiah 42:6-7 – I, יהוה, have called You in righteousness, and I strengthen Your hand and guard You, and give You for a covenant to a people, for a light to the nations,7 to open blind eyes, to bring out prisoners from the prison, those who sit in darkness from the prison house.
- Matthew 9:27-30 – 27 And as יהושע passed on from there, two blind men followed Him, crying out and saying, “Son of Dawiḏ, have compassion on us!” 28 And when He came into the house, the blind men came to Him. And יהושע said to them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” They said to Him, “Yes, Master.” 29 Then He touched their eyes, saying, “According to your belief let it be to you.” 30 And their eyes were opened. And יהושע strictly ordered them, saying, “See, let no one know.”
- Matthew 12:22 – 22 Then they brought to Him one who was demon-possessed, blind and dumb. And He healed him, so that the blind and dumb man both spoke and saw.
- Matthew 21:14 – 14 And blind and lame ones came to Him in the Set-apart Place, and He healed them.
- Mark 8:22-25 – 22 And He came to Bĕyth Tsaiḏa, and they brought a blind man to Him, and begged Him to touch him. 23 And taking the blind man by the hand He led him out of the village. And having spit on his eyes, laying hands on him, He asked him, “Do you see at all?” 24 And he looked up and said, “I see men like trees, walking.” 25 Then He placed His hands on his eyes again and made him look up. And he was restored, and saw all clearly.
FEEDS THE MULTITUDES BREAD
- 2 Kings 4:42-44 – 42 Now a man came from Ba‛al Shalishah, and brought the man of Elohim bread of the first-fruits, twenty loaves of barley bread, and newly ripened grain in his knapsack. And he said, “Give it to the people to eat.” 43 And his servant said, “What? Do I set this before one hundred men?” And he said, “Give it to the people to eat. For thus said יהוה, ‘Eat and have some left over.’ ” 44 And he set it before them, and they ate and had some left over, according to the word of יהוה.
- John 6:9-12-8 – One of His taught ones, Andri, the brother of Shim‛on Kĕpha, said to Him, 9 “Here is a boy who has five barley loaves and two fishes, but what are these for so many?” 10 And יהושע said, “Make the people sit down.” Now there was much grass in the place, and the men, numbering about five thousand, sat down. 11 And יהושע took the loaves, and having given thanks He distributed them to the taught ones, and the taught ones to those sitting down. And the same with the fish, as much as they wished. 12 And when they were filled, He said to His taught ones, “Gather the broken pieces that are left over, so that none gets wasted.”
- Luke 9:13-17 – 13 But He said to them, “You give them to eat.” And they said, “We have no more than five loaves and two fishes, unless we go and buy food for all these people.” 14 For there were about five thousand men. And He said to His taught ones, “Make them sit down in groups of fifty.” 15 And they did so, and made them all sit down. 16 And taking the five loaves and the two fishes, having looked up to the heaven, He blessed and broke them, and gave them to the taught ones to set before the crowd. 17 So they all ate and were satisfied, and twelve baskets of the broken pieces were picked up by them.
- Mark 6:36-43 36 “Send them away, so that they go into the surrounding country and villages and buy themselves bread, since they have no food to eat.” 37 But He answering, said to them, “You give them to eat.” And they said to Him, “Should we go and buy two hundred denariia worth of bread and give them to eat?” 38 Then He said to them, “How many loaves do you have? Go and see.” And when they found out they said, “Five, and two fishes.” 39 And He ordered them to make them all sit down in groups on the green grass. 40 And they sat down in groups, in hundreds and in fifties. 41 And taking the five loaves and the two fishes, looking up to the heaven, He blessed and broke the loaves, and gave them to His taught ones to set before them. And the two fishes He divided among them all. 42 And all ate and were satisfied. 43 And they picked up twelve baskets, filled with pieces, also from the fishes.
- Matthew 14:16-20 – 16 But יהושע said to them, “They do not need to go away, give them to eat yourselves.” 17 And they said to Him, “We have here only five loaves and two fish.” 18 And He said, “Bring them here to Me.” 19 And commanding the crowds to sit down on the grass, and taking the five loaves and the two fish, and looking up to the heaven, He blessed and broke and gave the loaves to the taught ones. And the taught ones gave to the crowds, 20 and all ate and were satisfied. And they picked up the pieces left over – twelve baskets, filled.